VirusTotal antivirus solutions sometimes are not exactly the same as the public commercial versions. Very often, antivirus companies parametrize their engines specifically for VirusTotal (stronger heuristics, cloud interaction, inclusion of beta signatures, etc.). Therefore, sometimes the antivirus solution in VirusTotal will not behave exactly the same as the equivalent public commercial version of the given product.
Articles in this section
- What kind of files will VirusTotal scan?
- I want to scan my entire system, where can I download VirusTotal?
- The antivirus result displays a green circle with a white tick mark, what does this mean?
- I accidentally uploaded a file with confidential or sensitive information to VirusTotal, can you please delete it?
- How can I link to the most recent report on a given file or URL?
- Why do not you include statistics comparing antivirus performance?
- AV product on VirusTotal detects a file and its equivalent commercial version does not
- The version information of a given antivirus is not coherent with its latest commercial product, is it out of date?
- VirusTotal is detecting a legitimate software I have developed, what can I do?
- Intelligence: How do I search for malware detected as X