VirusTotal makes use of the ✔ checkmark symbol to indicate that the given file was not detected in any way by the antivirus under consideration. We do not use the word "clean" or "innocuous" because antivirus solutions do not tell you whether a file is goodware, they just flag maliciousness.
Articles in this section
- What kind of files will VirusTotal scan?
- I want to scan my entire system, where can I download VirusTotal?
- The antivirus result displays a green circle with a white tick mark, what does this mean?
- I accidentally uploaded a file with confidential or sensitive information to VirusTotal, can you please delete it?
- How can I link to the most recent report on a given file or URL?
- Why do not you include statistics comparing antivirus performance?
- AV product on VirusTotal detects a file and its equivalent commercial version does not
- The version information of a given antivirus is not coherent with its latest commercial product, is it out of date?
- VirusTotal is detecting a legitimate software I have developed, what can I do?
- What is the difference between the public API and the private API?