You may place the file that you wish to scan inside an encrypted ZIP file, VirusTotal will automatically extract the inner file and get it scanned for you, asking you whether you wish to render the report for such inner file. In order to be able to inspect the ZIP file its password must be one of the following: infected, password, test, 1234, virustotal, virus, compressed.
Articles in this section
- Searching for users in your group account
- Searching through hunting rulesets
- Searching through hunting notifications
- What kind of files will VirusTotal scan?
- I want to scan my entire system, where can I download VirusTotal?
- The antivirus result displays a green circle with a white tick mark, what does this mean?
- I accidentally uploaded a file with confidential or sensitive information to VirusTotal, can you please delete it?
- How can I link to the most recent report on a given file or URL?
- Why do not you include statistics comparing antivirus performance?
- AV product on VirusTotal detects a file and its equivalent commercial version does not