You do not need to ask for a public API key, in order to get one you just have to register in VirusTotal Community (top right hand side of VirusTotal). Once registered, sign in into your account and you will find your public API in the corresponding menu item under your user name.
Articles in this section
- What kind of files will VirusTotal scan?
- I want to scan my entire system, where can I download VirusTotal?
- The antivirus result displays a green circle with a white tick mark, what does this mean?
- I accidentally uploaded a file with confidential or sensitive information to VirusTotal, can you please delete it?
- How can I link to the most recent report on a given file or URL?
- Why do not you include statistics comparing antivirus performance?
- AV product on VirusTotal detects a file and its equivalent commercial version does not
- The version information of a given antivirus is not coherent with its latest commercial product, is it out of date?
- VirusTotal is detecting a legitimate software I have developed, what can I do?
- What is the difference between the public API and the private API?